ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject <copy> doesn't say when it can't find the file
Date Sat, 21 Oct 2000 18:43:29 GMT
If you ask <copy> to copy a file that doesn't exist, it silently does
nothing. I would prefer having it say it couldn't find the file.
Currently, <delete> tells you that:

Buildfile: test.xml
bogusdelete:
   [delete] Could not find file D:\dianeh\src\main\bogus to delete.

but I actually don't care if it couldn't find the file, since it's just
deleting it anyway (think 'rm -f foo'). On the other hand, I do care if it
can't find a file I've asked to be copied. The way it is now, the output
looks the same if it can't find the file to copy as it does when the copy
doesn't happen simply because the source-file is up-to-date with the
target-file (ie., the only logging output is just the target name), which
is pretty misleading.

Thanks,
Diane

=====