ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Perforce task and Source Code Control
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:44:03 GMT
--- Walker Joe <Joe.Walker@barclaycard.co.uk> wrote:
> force='true' effectively adds the -f flag to the p4 sync command
> % p4 help sync
>
> Do you think the description needs clarifying or maybe I'm missing
> something more basic?

No, nothing more basic than that. The snippet you cited from the help for
'p4 sync' said basically what I said. But the way the doc currently puts
this seems misleading. Probably just having the sentence at the top of
this included text would be good enough -- if someone's using the task for
p4 sync, they'll likely know what setting -f on it does, or they can just
run 'p4 help sync' to find out (or you can add a pointer to doing that).

Thanks,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)