ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Can if/unless take a property instead of a literal string?
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:11:06 GMT
I'm trying to set up a generic target, which is called with different
values for the target's attributes, passed to it with "param" attributes
in <antcall>. But the target has an "unless", and that doesn't seem to
want to work if it's set to a ${property} instead of a literal string
(eg., unless="ij.done" rather than unless="${checkdone}"). The
${checkdone} property is also used as the value for the property attribute
in an <uptodate> (ie., <uptodate property=${checkdone}...>), and running
debug shows that ${checkdone} does get evaluated to the value it's set to
when the <uptodate> is called, and therefore the property ij.done does get
set -- the unless just doesn't seem to see that:

Setting ro project property: chkdone -> ij.done
[...]
Setting project property: ij.done -> true

There's nothing in the debug output wrt if's or unless's, so there's no
real way to see what the unless is actually looking at, but since the
target is going ahead and executing, I have to assume it's because the
unless just isn't seeing the property as being set.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,
Diane

=====