ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Nasty gotcha with new <delete>
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:37:04 GMT
--- Glenn McAllister <glennm@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hmm... would it make more sense to limit a delete to either a dir, a
> file, or filesets?  That would make
>
> <delete dir="${some.dir}" file="somefile.txt" />
>
> illegal and prevent people from possibly blowing things away.

That was my first thought, once I saw how it actually behaved. It's not
functionally a necessary limitation, though, so either people might not
like the idea now, or at some point someone would probably come along and
say, "I've fixed the delete task so you can specify both a directory and a
file at the same time..." :)

Anyway, I'll leave that to you. So long as there's a pointy-finger caution
with neon lights around it saying "Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!", that
should be enough to suffice for now.

Thanks,
Diane

=====