ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Nasty gotcha with new <delete>
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:06:23 GMT
If you specify:

<delete dir="${some.dir}" file="somefile.txt"/>

It deletes both the entire contents of the directory, and the file (or
tries to, but of course it doesn't find it, since it's not looking for it
in "dir"). The documentation doesn't make it clear that "file" isn't
expected to be appended to "dir", and that they are completely separate
from each other. I realize -now- that that makes sense, but when you're
changing an old-style <delete> that used to be:

<delete dir="${some.dir}" includes="somefile.txt"/>

to the new-style delete, it's awfully easy not to realize that, until it's
too late. Good thing I have all those files copied in another directory,
or I'd be a pretty unhappy camper right about now.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)