ant-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #196 has been filed.
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 17:13:39 GMT
Bug report #196 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/196>

REPORT #196 Details.

Project: Ant
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 1.1
   JVM Release: 1.3
   Operating System: WindowsNT
   OS Release: 4.0
   Platform: Win32

Synopsis:
Properties are read in regardless of execution of the target

In build.xml, I specify three different targets that read in properties using <property
file="file.properties" /> - One set of properties is shared for each of the three targets
and the other set of properties that I wish to read in is specific to the desired target.

The problem is this:  It appears that all <property> tags are read in regardless of
whether or not the target is executed.  Therefore, incorrect properties are read in for the
desired target.

Property tags should be resolved just like any other internal command.  If the target is not
executed, its properties should *NOT* be loaded.