ant-dev mailing list archives

From BugRat Mail System <tomcat-b...@cortexity.com>
Subject BugRat Report #211 has been filed.
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 18:26:46 GMT
Bug report #211 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/211>

REPORT #211 Details.

Project: Ant
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: ant 1.1
   JVM Release: jdk 1.2.2
   Operating System: Windows NT
   OS Release: 4.00.1381
   Platform: Dell Dimension XPS T500

Synopsis:
Unable to rmic (compile) inner classes using the '$' notation.

We create a class which has an inner class that needs to
be compiled by RMIC. It appears as though the inner class
notation (using a $) is not getting recognized correctly
by the rmic task. I have tried using 1 '$' as well as 2 '$$'. I get different seemingly erroneous
results either
way. I have included the entire example in the how to reproduce section.

The line of the build.xml file that i'm having trouble with is:

<rmic classpath="./" classname="OuterClass$$InnerClass" base="./"/>
or
<rmic classpath="./" classname="OuterClass$InnerClass" base="./"/>

The following rmic line, which is included in the workaround, however does work for me:

<rmic classpath="./" classname="OuterClass$InnerClass" base = "./"/>

Also - I was unable to get through to create a new user so
I'm reporting it as anonymous. I am really Ryan Grow,
rgrow@exactis.com.