ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bergbauer" <vincent_bergba...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Submission: refid, CompositeType, NestedDataType
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:35:58 GMT
> We could always keep it backwards compatible for one release by
> keeping the methods and constructors with Project arguments - and I
> wouldn't want to drop them anyway because you sometimes want to
> specify a project other than the current one (the <ant> task for
> example).
>
> Stefan

My submission did not modify the interface to Task, only to DataType.
The compatibility problems I was refering to stem from the use of classes
derived from DataType in a task.

I also understand that while my patch would have been easy to apply a week
ago, it is getting increasingly difficult as new code is added to the baseline
(although I am willing to submit a new patch if so requested).

Anyway, it looks like the decision has been made, and I'll have to wait.
Vincent.