ant-dev mailing list archives

From Corey Puffalt <co...@kelman.com>
Subject Re: [bug] Javadoc target and failonerror
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:16:02 GMT
An addition to my previous message:

In practice I believe that ALL targets should be religiously checked to
ensure they completed without failing by checking exit values in the case
of processes running outside the Ant VM or some other mechanism for
processes running inside the VM whether we are aware of a way in which that
target can fail or not.  If something fails for some reason I want to know
about it immediately by having the build fail.

My personal preference is that a "failonerror" attribute should exist for
all targets and that it be set to "true" by default.  Setting the
"failonerror" attribute to "false" would work nicely for the few tasks that
are actually optional.

Regards,
Corey