ant-dev mailing list archives

From Corey Puffalt <>
Subject RE: Nasty gotcha with new <delete>
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:46:54 GMT
On Thursday, October 12, 2000 8:49 AM, Glenn McAllister
[] wrote:
> I'll update the docs to make that more explicit.  Sorry if this caused
> any headaches.
> Hmm... would it make more sense to limit a delete to either a dir, a
> or filesets?  That would make
> <delete dir="${some.dir}" file="somefile.txt" />
> illegal and prevent people from possibly blowing things away.

It might be more clear if there was simply one attribute for the delete tag
specifying all objects to be deleted:

 <delete filespec="${some.dir} ${some.file}" />

That way there would be no confusion.  I don't see any need to specify
directories & files to be deleted separately.  Maybe I'm missing something

View raw message