ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan Gerhard" <AGerh...@E-SyncNet.Com>
Subject RE: Role of scripts [was Re: increment task]
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:37:06 GMT
Ken -

I'm going to have to agree with you on this.
One of the compelling reasons in using Ant is it's straight forward approach to executing
the task of *building* java based projects.

The standardized tasks that are available in Ant can be used to perform about 80% of the jobs
out there. The remaining 20% of the necessary tasks can be performed via the custom tasks.

The Any User Community is rather large and I am sure there are a lot of customized tasks out
there that could be used in those cases where a custom task is required.

Maybe the road to travel would be towards formulating a repository of these tasks instead
of marching down Script Alley, of even going to Lisp-ville or becoming a Xalan-ite.

<Sender	name="Alan Gerhard"
		organization="E-Sync Networks, Inc."
		phone="203-601-3359"
		email="alan.gerhard@esyncnetworks.com"