ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthijs Hollemans" <matth...@virtualunlimited.com>
Subject Re: Dependencies between classes
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:56:48 GMT
Hi Pete,

[class dependencies]

> I have plans to work on a cc task and will need it then and thus it will
> probably make it into abnt some how - it is a matter of determining the
> least expensive and most elegent way to do it thou ;) Make a proposal how
> you would do it and see how it is received ;)

Well, I don't know what Conor's implementation did, but I was thinking about
looking at the symbol tables from the actual .class files to see which other
classes they refer to. That way you use the dependency information that the
compiler already generated, so you don't have to scan through the source
files yourself (like jdeps does). Extracting this information from .class
files is pretty easy; I knocked up a simple 10-line test program to do so
yesterday using the JavaClass library (of course, without this library it
would be a lot harder ;-).

Matthijs