ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Problem with WeblogicDeploymentTool & multiple entity beans
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 12:49:57 GMT
Jason,

I have just been talking to another user about this very problem. Some of it
stems from the assumptions ejbjar makes about the way files are named and
some stems, as you point out, from the limitations of the weblogic CMP dtd.

In general ejbjar finds the files it is going to process based on the
beanname prefix you use on the ejb-jar.xml file. So for example, if you have
a bean fubar, the ejbjar task looks for the following files

Fubar-ejb-jar.xml
Fubar-weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
Fubar-weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml

When ejbjar builds its jarfile, however, it maps these files, wherever they
occur on your filesystem to logical names within the jar file as follows

Fubar-ejb-jar.xml -> META-INF/ejb-jar.xml
Fubar-weblogic-ejb-jar.xml -> META-INF/weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
Fubar-weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml -> META-INF/weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml

There is no need to have these in a META-INF directory, for example.

Now since there can be only one weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml file and it can
only support one bean, ejbjar still really works best on a bean-per-jar
basis. In fact, the Fubar-weblogic-ejb-jar.xml files will need to have an
entry

<type-storage>META-INF/weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml</type-storage>

even though the content is in a file Fubar-weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml.

How to fix it? One way would be to have ejbjar parse the
weblogic-ejb-jar.xml file and determine the cmp files required. These could
then be included automatically with or without some form of standard mapping
/ naming convention.

The second would be to allow additional directories/files to be specified
which could be added to the final jar. This may be the quickest solution but
is, in a way, less appealing to me. It seems to say that the task is doing
the wrong thing and we are really fooling it (since it is looking for the
wrong CMP file) and then manually adding in the bits the task should have
added.

Thoughts?

Conor