ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: increment task
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:26:37 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart Barlow" <sbarlow@peopledoc.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 11:49 AM
Subject: increment task

> When undertaking nightly builds we have found the need for a build number.
> And we also wanted this to live in a java propery file so that ANT could
> make
> use of it during the build.

- There were some tasks posted to the list (propertyFile) which would have
done the same (and more, increment, decrement, set a date)
- You can also do this using a "<property file=..", "<script .." and "<echo
file=..." combination

>    public void execute() throws BuildException {
>
>        if (property == null) {
>            throw new BuildException("replace token must not be null",
> location);
>        }
>
>        log("Incrementing " + property + " in file: " + src);

Why not check if src is specified and valid before using it?

>        File temp = new File(src.getPath() + ".temp");
>
>        if (temp.exists()) {
>            throw new BuildException("Replace: temporary file " +
> temp.getPath() + " already exists", location);
>        }

I do not see why it should be a problem if temp exists since you seem not to
use it later on?

Nico