ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@seessle.de>
Subject Re: vssGet
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 06:48:41 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <Avik.Sengupta@dresdner-bank.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 6:40 AM
Subject: RE: vssGet

> >this task from a unix-system (except you buy some additional
> tools).
>
> Are there any such tools to use VSS from an unix system?

Yes, I would not have mentioned it if otherwise :-)

http://www.mainsoft.com/products/visualsourcesafe.html is a complete port of
VSS to UNIX (but I do NOT know if it's compatible (and in what way) to VSS
6.0 (and/or other Versions) from Microsoft since it seems to be based on VSS
5.0)

and

http://www.sourcegear.com/SOS is an extension for VSS which proposes to make
it full client/server and provide clients for Linux and Solaris)

I once thought about an COM-Server running on Windows and a Java-Client
communicating with it, but since the OLE-Interface for VSS is somewhat
hmmm... strange if used from VJ++ I didn't go any further on this...

Nico