ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@seessle.de>
Subject For 2.0: Ant-Extension Mechanism
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2000 18:41:14 GMT
- Changed build.xml to create *.tsk-files (which is currently the extension
I choose for ant-extension-files) for some of the currently-core tasks and
all of the optional tasks
- Changed Project.java  to load Task-Information from the ext-subdirectory
of ant.home (using AntExtensionHelper)
- All calls to project.addTaskDefinition have been changed to create a new
TaskDefinition in-place and use this to add the TaskDefinition
(Project.java, Taskdef.java, Ant.java, CallTarget.java)
- Changed Main and added an option to print the currently know tasks
(-tasks)
- Uncommented several tasks in taskdefs/default.properties (all optional and
deprecated and some of the currently-core tasks (which I personally don't
think are "really" core). Deprecated tasks will no longer be included in the
task-list, optional-tasks will get some separate files (vss.tsk, script.tsk,
...) and all tasks formerly included in ant.jar and now removed from
default.properties are in core.tsk.
- Added a task TaskLib which creates the tsk-files (although one could use
jar directly, but would not have the simple error-checking)

I don't think this is complete (or how one would call it), but it worked for
me (and my buildfile) and it's a starting-point.

What do you think of it?

Nico