ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: reassigning perperty values?
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:30:21 GMT
Stefan,

Perhaps we should look at it the other way around. We almost have a
mechanism in place for saying which properties we want to pass to a
subbuild (namely nested <property> elements). Perhaps only those
properties should be passed to the subbuild. The only change would be to
not require a property value. Something like

  <ant antfile="subproject/property_based_subbuild.xml">
    <property name="param1"/>
  </ant>

Marking a property as "not to be passed" may be putting the restriction
in the wrong place. What if I want to call two subbuilds and pass some
properties to one and not the other. In other words the restriction
should be at the call not the property definition (if I understood you
correctly).

An <allprops> nested element (or attribute) could provide the current
behaviour.

As usual I prefer things to be explicit.

Conor