ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: +F flag for jikes
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:06:12 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@bost.de>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: +F flag for jikes

>  DH> Note that: jikes -depend +F ...  has the same effect as jikes
>  DH> -depend ...
>
> Value of depend attribute -->    true           false
> build.compiler.fulldepend
>       true                        (1)             (2)
>       false                      -depend         nothing
>

> (1) what do we want to take precedence? +F or -depend?
>
> (2) Do we always want to add +F in all <javac> tasks if the property
> has been set?
>
> I'd go for (1) == -depend and (2) == +F, but I don't use -depend nor
> +F at all.

(1) == -depend would behave the same as when you specify -depend +F (depend
wins) so I think it will be the only "correct" solution (unless someone
comes to the conclusion that jikes does it the wrong way :-) )

So one could simple do it like

if (depend) commandLine += "-depend"
if (+F-flag) commandLine += "+F"

and it would behave the same way as on the command-line, right?

Nico