ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan Gerhard" <AGerh...@E-SyncNet.Com>
Subject Class versioning
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 07:23:11 GMT
let's go quote-less :)

Unfortunately, my place of business is using VSS and we are somewhat limited to what can and
can't be done.

We are putting together a system built upon multiple 'functional connectors'. Since these
classes technically are unrelated, we have a need to be able to identify a specific connector
by date, version, and build.

The build would be tied to the release of the total solution. The class version would be specific
to the class.

Obviously the development cycle makes it absurd to 'version' with each compile, but at some
point the classes should be version:ed and to make it part of the build process would be for
me, the ideal place ...

but I will look into what the real limitations are with VSS and see if we cannot use the approach
mentioned here within.

alan