ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: When's the next stable release?
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 15:34:31 GMT

 JG> Any thought given to abstracting the notion of referrable data
 JG> types from an API perspective?

See Project.addDataTypeDefinition(), getDataTypeDefinitions() and
createDataType() as well as
org/apache/tools/ant/types/defaults.properties. This should be easy to
extend and you can add a <taskdef> like task if you feel so inclined.

 JG> make some abstract base class for types

I haven't felt the need for a common base class yet. All ProjectHelper
needs to make it work on the XML tags is a plain Object and I don't
see common behavior - at least not yet.

 JG> And of course make AntStructure understand them too.

Of course, my version does 8^). I'm going to commit it as soon as we
know where antstructure should place them (as children of project or
as children of target).

Stefan