ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Keeping a non-runtime-added classpath for compiles
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:09:16 GMT

 DH> --- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@bost.de> wrote:

 >>  This is there, because you need the runtime classes in the
 >> classpath to compile anything.

 DH> Not true. I've turned that off in my Javac.java, and my compiles
 DH> work fine that way

Wonder where jikes will find java.util.Vector then.

Anyway. While we could add a flag like this for jikes, there seems to
be now way - I'd like to be proven wrong - to tell javac to omit
them. The only option I'd see was to exec the command line version of
javac using the JDK you want to compile against.

We could add another magic property for jikes - build.compiler.runtime
or something like that (I didn't say that 8^). Adding an attribute to
<javac> that isn't supported by modern/classic compile doesn't feel
right.

Stefan