ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Where to place stand alone data types like <path>?
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 15:46:57 GMT

 JG> But most of the time you want anonymous <path> and so on, I
 JG> think, and you do not need an ID for it, nor do you want to place
 JG> it far away from the context of the task it is intended
 JG> for...

Of course, I haven't been clear enough I guess.

I want <path> as a global structure to be used in <classpathref> and
friends - this one should be a sibbling of target. I didn't want to
say you'd have to put *everything* into these global structures.

What I want is: <fileset> can be a child of <execon> (for example) and
a child of <project> but _not_ a child of <target>.

Stefan