ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 07:31:06 GMT

 NS> but in these cases I think it's a bit overhead (not to mention
 NS> that I would not name it a target in my build to fail if
 NS> something is wrong) to create a number of targets just to make
 NS> sure everything else will work correctly in the build process?

Yes, and I'm willing to fix this, either by committing your modified
fail task, or by committing a <require> task or by adding a fail
attribute to available - but not by committing two or even three of
these options.

In case you didn't follow the other threads. <require> would be the
same as <available> but have an additional message attribute which
would be used to throw a BuildException if the resource can not be
found. Thus combining <available> and your modified <fail> into a
single task - making it even more explicit.

A fail attribute to available has been proposed to do the same as
<require>'s message attribute - just more implicit.

Stefan