ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: When's the next stable release?
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 09:17:11 GMT

 PD> * Everything gets interpreted at runtime - including property
 PD> expansion.

I'd like to get there in steps and maybe we will even need agree on
"everything" first. What I definitively want to achieve is make ${}
happen at runtime and do some magic to <calltarget>, <antcall> or
whatever to change the value of properties temporarily (avoiding the
creation of a new project).

 PD> * Notion of objects that are not Strings can be used
 PD> as attributes of tasks. (ie you can have Files/FileSets/etc)

I hope I'm getting this completed in the next few days for PATH like
structures, filesets and patternset. I.e. add <path>, <fileset> and
<patternset> elements that can be used outside of tasks.

We will have to agree whether they should be placed inside <target>s
or outside, though. As the id attribute has to be unique within the
XML file anyway, I'd go for outside of <targets> (i.e. global).

 PD> * add more error checking in tasks (some currently fail silently)

Do you have a list of them? Kind of difficult to hunt them down.

Stefan