ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Fw: Using "if" in a target?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:58:42 GMT

 NS> The following could be done

 NS> 1. If -Dname= is passed to ant assume that the user don't want to
 NS> set this property (may break build-files)

No way. I don't know of anybody relying on this, but no. Defining
something to not define anything doesn't feel right.

 NS> 2. Require the property specified for if=""/unless="" to contain
 NS> one of the "boolean-values" "yes", "on" or "true".

This would make the new value attribute of <available> less useful,
so no (or -1 in Apache speak).

 NS> 3. Require the property specified for if=""/unless="" to contain
 NS> anything other than nothing (the empty string)

Don't like it too much either. But if this was something that was
widely regarded as useful, I wouldn't veto it.

Stefan