ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: JspC task
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:14:36 GMT

 JG> I have been working on a <jspc> task, most of which is a
 JG> copy-and-paste from both <javac> and <wljspc> tasks, which
 JG> supports jasper.jspc and should eventually support the
 JG> weblogic.jspc compiler.  However, a few issues have arisen:

It seems like <wljspc> can do a little bit more than jasper can right
now, right? I think we should start out with to separate task and see
if there is a way to merge them after that.

 JG> Also, what are the chances of having this task, once complete,
 JG> included in the standard Ant distribution?

I haven't looked at the code yet, so I can only guess that you'll need
Tomcat around to compile it. It would be included as an optional task
just because of this.

Personally I'd like to move a bunch of tasks to the optional area that
are currently part of the core as well, but I won't tackle this before
we have the extension mechanism in place. For the time being I'm
reluctant to add tasks to the taskdefs package directly unless they
are really core tasks (and I broke this rule myself with <war>,
sorry).

I'm planning to include all tasks that can be built without external
libraries in the distribution (including those below .optional like
<jlink> or <native2ascii>) if I should be the person to put the
distribution together.

Stefan