ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Newbie Ant questions
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 06:55:29 GMT

 MR> A) FAQ It bombs out on me when I try to add things to create an
 MR> account.  Whom should I talk to about this?

AFAIK Jon Stevens is the FAQ guru at jakarta. You should be able to
find his address from the "Who We Are" page.

 MR> I would like to be able to import XML files directly into my
 MR> project

I think the parser should be able to do this for us:

<!DOCTYPE project PUBLIC "-//ANT//DTD project//EN" "ant.dtd" [
   <!ENTITY header SYSTEM "header.xml">
]>

<project>
  &header;

The DTD can be created by <antstructure> - which is included in Ant
1.1 just not documented. Using relative path's for the files might
cause problems depending on the XML parser - this should work a lot
better in current CVS Ant.

 MR> C) Classpath The pathlike tags from the example don't seem to
 MR> work when I include them in my build files.

I guess you are talking about the examples from the Ant 1.2
documentation but using Ant 1.1. This is a new feature so don't expect
it to work.

Stefan