ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: exceptions on running ant1.1 with Blackdown jdk1.2.2-rc4
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:05:17 GMT

 MP> I'm using ant 1.1 (package 1.1-1 from debian woody) with xerces
 MP> 1.2.0 and Blackdown jdk1.2.2-rc4 on GNU/Linux i386.

I've been using Ant (all versions starting way before Ant 1.1) on
Linux without problems (Blackdown's, Sun's and IBM's JDKs) but have
never seen anything as scary as your exceptions.

The main differences: I compile Ant myself and I use Sun's reference
implementation of the JAXP parser instead of xerces.

I'd suggest you first try to use the other XML parser as the exception
is coming from somewhere deep inside xerces. Go to
<URL:http://java.sun.com/xml/download.html> grab the reference
implementation and replace xerces.jar with parser.jar and jaxp.jar in
your CLASSPATH and try again.

If that fails, download the sources to Ant and bootstrap it
yourself. If this fails as well, come back here 8^) (feel free to come
back anyway of course).

Stefan

PS: My first guess has been that your buildfile would not be well
formed, but it's OK.

What are you trying to do with the filtering attribute to <javac>? The
documentation is a little bit misleading, javac will only do filter
replacement on the "support files", not inside the sources
themselves. In Ant 1.2 even this won't work - as javac doesn't copy
anything anymore.