ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: When's the next stable release?
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 09:26:30 GMT

 RG> At 5:13 AM -0400 8/18/00, Conor MacNeill wrote:

 >> The things that have generally been discussed for future
 >> development include

 >> 5. Rationalizing the tasks which overlap: <copyfile> and <copydir>

 RG> Is someone working on this?

Not that I was aware of. Maybe Arnout is?

1 and 2 of Conor's list are somewhat in the work at my side (but don't
expect too much too soon).

 >> 6. Making filtering explicit with copy

 RG> what do you mean by filtering in this context? Tag replacement?
 RG> Or something more general?

The thing that happens magically when you are copying files (see
<filter> and the filtering attribute of <copydir>).

 RG> Are there any tests in place to aid with the refactoring?

Not as many as I'd like to have - I've started by adding a few JUnit
tests to the repository I developed while working on some of the
execution framework things but they don't cover too much of the code.

I'd love to see more.

Stefan