ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Javac and maximum length of command line for external compiler
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:13:41 GMT

 NS> Another possibility would have been to use default limit of 4096
 NS> (defined by POSIX if read the AIX includefile correcly), but I
 NS> hope most OS today don't have such a small limit?

Unless we get a reference that says we can safely assume a limit
> 4096, I'd rather use this as a limit in every case. I don't really
feel like supporting a comprehensive list of OSs with their limits.

Known OSs Ant is being used on (there've been users reporting success
here) include Mac OS, OS/2 and AS/400 as well as a whole bunch of
other Unices (apart from AIX). I'm still waiting for the first user to
tell us she's using Ant on OpenVMS successfully.

Stefan