ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Time for Release?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:50:03 GMT
The two things I really wanted to be there before we make the next
release are now in CVS - dynamic property evaluation and dynamic
definition of tasks. Both will need some thorough testing of course.

Glenn should have his commiter status cleared soon, so the
consolidated file tasks should be available.

I've promised to add the UpToDate task sometime this week.

There are other things I'd really like to see including:

(1) extension tasks - i.e. a different framework for adding tasks to
Ant.

(2) a refactoring of the tasks that need to compare file timestamps to
see whether they actually need to run. One additional result should be
an <exec> like <transform> task.

Both could wait if we went for Ant 1.2 and then made Ant 2.0 including
wish (1) follow rather soon.

Others?

Stefan