ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Source code task
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:12:38 GMT

 WJ> I agree that moving between source code control systems is
 WJ> non-trivial - the motivation however is more do to with
 WJ> simplicity for the user. VSS or P4 users can not benefit from
 WJ> using any CVS examples that came with ant's build.xml.

So probably Wolf's suggestion is right way. Don't make a single source
code control task with pluggable implementations but make them use the
same attributes for things that mean the same thing.

similar. Apart from the directory to check out to there doesn't seem
to be too much (if you leave out cvs there are more things in
common).

Do you feel like putting together a list of common attributes - not
only those which are present? We could then agree on the names and
modify the tasks to use the same conventions (depreacting older
attributes where necessary).

Stefan