ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Redirecting output and background processes
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:06:11 GMT

 JAF> 1) add an attribute for <echo> to write to a file.

Sounds like a reasonable addition. One would probably want to do
${} replacement on text nested into <echo> then, right?

 JAF> 2) Add an attribute to the <exec> task to allow the process to
 JAF> run in the background,

Conor has some stuff in his "unfinished works" that would allow any
task to be called in a different thread than the main build
process. I'm not sure whether Ant would keep running while one thread
in the same JVM is waiting on Runtime.exec to finish on all OS's - but
this could probably be the solution.

Stefan