ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Problem using own tasks after upgrade to nightly build
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:28:54 GMT

 GV> buildorca.xml:37: Could not create task of type: filter_from_file
 GV> because I can't find it in the list of task class definitions

Move you <taskdef> from the init target to the project level
(i.e. pull it out of any target) and it should work again.

<taskdef> is now evaluated at runtime - actually it is since a week or
two - and Ant tries to instantiate your task before the <taskdef> has
been run. This is going to change sometime next week so that your
buildfile as it is will be working again.

Stefan