ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Source code task
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:44:14 GMT

 WJ> Maybe I should have said: Format of action attribute:
 WJ> [get-read-only|get-for-edit|put|delete]

which still doesn't cover everything cvs could do (cvs diff is
reasonable for building patch files automatically for example), so cvs
would still need command.

 WJ> It may be better to have provider specific config options since I
 WJ> don't imagine there will be a good mapping here.

Agreed.

I think Conor is right pointing out that the several SCCS systems
follow philosophies so different, it is hard to find a common
interface.

I'd say, let's name attributes that fill the same need the same - but
this holds true for all tasks, how many ways do we have to name a
destination directory? - but keep the actual implementations separate.

Stefan