ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: refid in property
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:40:53 GMT

 JAF> I think there are perfectly valid String versions for these
 JAF> things:

 JAF> - FileSet.toString() should return the white space separated
 JAF> list of files like you would use in the <arg line="..."> of
 JAF> <exec>.

I'm not sure. Maybe will won't the excluded directories instead of the
included files. OK, that's silly, but what about included directories
- list them or not?

Then you might prefer comma as a separator - and quoting of filenames
that contain spaces ...

 JAF> - Path.toString() should return the path in the correct format
 JAF> for the OS.

it does 8^)

 JAF> About AntStructure, well souldn't it generate the DTD as the
 JAF> string?

But you are holding a reference to the AntStructure task, not its
result. So toString would need to call execute first. Could be done,
but do you think it would be useful (to have a property holding the
DTD)?

Stefan