ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: TerseLogger
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:39:37 GMT
>>>>> "m" == mcclain  <> writes:

Others have already pointed you to -emacs so I won't repeat that 8^).

 m> imho, log listeners should be added after the project data is
 m> populated, so they can be specified in the build.xml file.

This implies you don't have a logger in place if Ant detects errors in
the buildfile itself.

The datatype <fileset> will throw an exception if the specified dir
attribute points to something other but an existing dir - and do so at
parser time - for example.

 m> a note on the patch: it seems to me alot of people might like to
 m> subclass DefaultLogger instead of implementing the somewhat
 m> onerous BuildLogger interface, so that's why the visibility
 m> change.

Yes, I've come accross this myself.

View raw message