ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Factory method needed for Javac taskdef?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 14:24:18 GMT

 MS> I was noticing that the Javac taskdef is slowly expanding to
 MS> include more and more popular compiler types.

You are not the only one 8^).

There are other tasks that would need handling like this (jar has an
alternative named fastjar, rmic has jiffy, some idljava task would
probably have several vendor specific implementations).

Building separate classes for the special compilers (like XSLTProcess
does with XSLTLiaison) might be a starting point. One issue you won't
catch with this is the one of options that are only present in single
implementations (take the various build.compiler.* properties for
jikes as an example).

This problem should be solved at the same time - and I'm very open to
suggestions.

Stefan