ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: How to use compileTask
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 06:25:19 GMT

 JAF> Hi, I have a new task that builds as part of the same project in
 JAF> which it is defined.

Talking about my personal TODO list. One of the very first priorities
is to make <compiletask> superfluous. Expect a patch to appear during
next week that will allow you to do this without using undocumented
features.

Basically Ant won't die if it encounters an unknown task - only if you
try to use it. <taskdef>s living inside of targets (or having a
depends attribute) can then be used to achieve wgat you need.

Expect compiletask to vanish after that.

Stefan