ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@boldfish.com>
Subject [NEW TASK] require
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 01:25:19 GMT
Hello, here is a new task which is a lot like available, except that it
will throw an exception if the given resource is not available.  I find
this useful when working in environments where there are a few properties
which must be set before the build system will function correctly.  This
task allows build maintainers to add to their init target a list of
requirements.

This is my first post of any code to the Ant project, so please forgive me
if I am not following proper protocal.

I think that Require should probably extend extend from Available, but
the methods that it would need access to are currently private (which
doesn't do much good).  If you descide to add this to the main dist, then
you might want to think about making the checkXXX methods in Avaiable
protected and changing Require to extend from it.

When I wrote this (last week sometime) I based it off of the latest
Available class, which has changed to include some extra features (which
could be used in the Require task as well).

Anyways, I hope you find this useful.

--jason