ant-dev mailing list archives

From dona...@mad.scientist.com
Subject RE: Couple of mods to <javac>
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:25:00 GMT
On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Diane Holt wrote:
> Sorry this turned into a bigger thing than I'd thought it would. All I can
> say is that these particular files don't depend on any others, other than
> the "library" classes (if that's the right term for Java) from the
> classpath -- and no others depend on them. They're just these little
> entities unto themselves. They live where they do in the source tree
> because, like any source-tree structure, the subdir they live in says
> something about what they are. And also because there are other
> (non-compiler) utilities that garner information about them, based on
> that.

This may be a dumb question - but why don't you just package
them in appropriate package ?

> (Actually, come to think of it, I'll need to anyway, if my suggestion to
> get rid of the extra line of space between the target-names in the logging
> output doesn't get picked up either, and since I never heard anything back
> from anyone about that one, I'm guessing it won't be. So, oh well...)

you can write your own logger (at one stage I had a custom
one till they added -emacs option) and use
-logger com.biz.MyLoggerClass (or something like that) to
get custom logger.

However I would like to see a quiter version of logger as
default too :P

Cheers,

Pete

| Latrobe University,     | Does the name 'Pavlov' |
| Bundoora, Australia     |    ring a bell ?       |