ant-dev mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <Barrie.Trel...@camtech.com.au>
Subject Re: New inner element for <java>
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2000 05:45:17 GMT
On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Jose  Alberto Fernandez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I find myself in need of yet another feature for the <java> task. I would
> appreciate any input you can provide on the utility or best way to do it.
>
> I would like to add a <property name="..." value="..."> element that
> depending on whether the VM is forked or not will generate "-Dname=value"
> arguments or it will manipulate the System.properties.
>
> the syntax of the element will be:
>
> <property name="a" value="x" /> or <property name="b" file="a file name" />
>
> one of the important reasons for this is my need to indicate file names on
> this parameters.
>
> Do you think the name is problematic? How about<propertyArg>?

Aren't these vm arguments.  Can you use <vmargs> to include them, the
documentation indicates its only used if the java task forks.

Barrie
--
Barrie Treloar

  Barrie Treloar                      Phone: +61 8 8303 3300
  Senior Analyst/Programmer           Fax:   +61 8 8303 4403
  Electronic Commerce Division        Email: barrie@camtech.com.au
  Camtech (SA) Pty Ltd                http://www.camtech.com.au
 --- Level 8, 10 Pulteney Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia. ---