ant-dev mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <Barrie.Trel...@camtech.com.au>
Subject Re: Proposed way to make ${} happen at runtime
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 00:09:16 GMT
On 8 Sep 2000, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Comments please (including how stupid I am if this should be true).

To summarize:

All targets are now hierarchical.  If a target does not contain the
property definition ant will traverse the hierarchy and use the first
occurence of the property it finds.

This will break the old way of using the definition order in the
file.

When you specify an id that xml structure is available globaly.  Id
must be unique in the build.xml file.

My only comment is: Is there any coding standard for jakarta projects?
I'm just being nit picky on the use of {} for all if/else statements
even if they are one line bodies.

Barrie
--
Barrie Treloar

  Barrie Treloar                      Phone: +61 8 8303 3300
  Senior Analyst/Programmer           Fax:   +61 8 8303 4403
  Electronic Commerce Division        Email: barrie@camtech.com.au
  Camtech (SA) Pty Ltd                http://www.camtech.com.au
 --- Level 8, 10 Pulteney Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia. ---