ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Glenn McAllister/Toronto/IBM" <gle...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Defining task-specific properties - what "namespace" should I use?
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:00:33 GMT
I'm a +1 so far, but like Stefan I'd like to think about it.  And of
course, the real world gets in the way of having time to think about it...
:-)

Glenn McAllister

To:     ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
cc:
Subject:        Re: Defining task-specific properties - what "namespace" should I use?

 CM> Such configs could be defined in ${user.home}/.antconfig.xml.

I agree, especially in using an XML file instead of a properties file
to configure this.

 CM> It could even use some form of if processing

 CM> <taskconfig task="jspc">
 CM>   <implementation task="wljspc" if="weblogic.available"/>
 CM>   <implementation task="jasper" if="tomcat.available"/>
 CM> </taskconfig>

Looks great at a first glance, haven't thought abut the details yet
though.

Stefan