ant-dev mailing list archives

From KC Baltz <KBa...@responsenetworks.com>
Subject RE: [newbie] memory footprint
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:41:02 GMT
I think the trouble is that Ant only calls javac.  It doesn't determine how
javac behaves, so couldn't decide automagically when to stop and restart it
to conserve memory.  You might try creating multiple <javac> tags and put a
different piece of your src tree into each one.  Obviously this would be
difficult to maintain, but it might satisfy your requirements.

K.C.