ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Schmolzi, Christian" <cschm...@debis.com>
Subject AW: dependency problem with javac task
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:46:43 GMT
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

The problem with "ant clean compile" is, that the "clean"-task would have
to be very sophisticated in our case since we have a quite big project
and I don't want to have to recompile about 180 EJBs in order to recompile
a few classes.

> We are aware that Ant's view of dependencies is not perfect in every
> case, there have been ideas to come around this limitation but they
> didn't get too far (here).

perhaps one could create a new task that - using at least the
"import"-Statements
to build something like a "compile-queue"? But as far as I see that's just a
SMOP.

> Maybe it is enough to add a depend attribute that would trigger the
> corresponding switches of javac (which is broken AFAIK) and jikes (a
> patch for this has been submitted).

Is there a switch in javac (or jikes) that can resolve this kind of problem?
I haven't found one?

Ciao,
Christian

--