ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Schmolzi, Christian" <cschm...@debis.com>
Subject dependency problem with javac task
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:48:36 GMT
Hi all,

I've come across a problem with the javac Task. Suppose I have the two
Classes:

	public class A {
		B bObject;

		public A() {
			bObject = new B();
			bObject.doSomething();
		}
	}

and

	public class B {
		public void doSomething() {
		}
	}

when I compile these two classes, everything's ok, but when I change the
interface from class B to:

	public class B {
		public void doSomethingElse() {
		}
	}

then class B compiles without an error (which is ok), but the whole stuff
will not work anymore because class A cannot find the desired doSomething()-
Method from class B.

Is there a way around this? Maybe a switch for the javac-Task to compile
everything in the sourcepath without a timestamp-test might help. This way,
class A would also be compiled and javac would find the error.

Any ideas? By the way: I'm using release 1.1

Ciao,
Christian Schmolzi

--
Christian Schmolzi