ant-dev mailing list archives

From Avik.Sengu...@dresdner-bank.com
Subject RE: Task for JSP compilation
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:53:33 GMT
	>Thanks for this task. I have commited it. I have made a few changes
for
>additional error checking, etc

Thanx.

	>Can you please rework the arguments array. The fixed size array is
dangerous
>and the use of setArgs is deprecated now.
Will do. I agree its horrible, will fix it ASAP.

	>I ran it under WL5.1 and had some problems.
Yeah, i dont have a 5.1 install (we work exclusively in 4.5.1 as of now),
would be of great help if someone could fix that. As of now, i dont know
enuf of 5.1 compilation to even hazard it the WLjspc task is portable to
handle 5.1. For example,i have no clue how taglibs are handled.

>Currently it seems to duplicate the directory hierarchy used by jspc

OK, this is how directories seem to work in WL4.5 ... given the lack of
documentation,  most of it is by observation.....

suppose your weblogic home is c:\weblogic (or indeed /home/user  .. same
thing..) .. this is where u start WL from and all dirs below are relative
from here

Your Document root would be myserver/public_html

Imagine you have a file myserver/public_html/menu/mainmenu.jsp (which you
access as http://yourserverblahblah/menu/mainmenu.jsp)

if you have in you weblogic.properties file the following attributes (which
are the usual defaults ) in the weblogic.jsp property:
workingDir=myserver/serverclasses and package=examples.jsp

WL would compile your jsp to
myserver/serverclasses/examples/jsp/_menu/_mainmenu.class
As i said, this is purely 4.5.1, and this is what the WLjspc task is
supposed to do (if it doesnt have any remaining  bugs,ie :).  i have tested
it under my installation, seems to work fine.  But it does need some testing
under other environments.