ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: Source code task
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:06:16 GMT
As we are discussing source control mechanisms, is anyone considering
ClearCase?  It seems to have a relatively consistent interface (cleartool)
on both of it's supported platforms (Unix & WinNT).  I just don't know if
I'm capable enough to do the work myself.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Walker Joe [mailto:Joe.Walker@barclaycard.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 11:09 AM
To: 'ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Source code task

Hi,

Stefan wrote:
> Do you feel like putting together a list of common attributes - not
> only those which are present? We could then agree on the names and
> modify the tasks to use the same conventions (depreacting older
> attributes where necessary).

I hope you have a proportional font!

PROPOSED    VSS         CVS         StarTeam     P4
action      writable    command     [implied]    [implied]
recursive   recursive   [illegal]   recursion    recursive
version     version     tag         [illegal]    version
date        date        date        [illegal]    [illegal]
label       label       [illegal]   [illegal]    [illegal]
force       [illegal]   [illegal]   force        force
localpath   localpath   dest        targetFolder [illegal]
noise       verbose     quiet       verbose      [illegal]
server      login       cvsRoot     various      server
includes    [illegal]   [illegal]   includes     [illegal]
excludes    [illegal]   [illegal]   excludes     [illegal]
project     vsspath     package     various      [illegal]
config      ssdir       [ignored]   [ignored]    p4dir

Format of action attribute: [get|put|edit]
Format of noise attribute:  [verbose|quiet|noexec]

Format of server attribute:
  StarTeam:
    username:password@serverName:serverPort

Format of project attribute:
  StarTeam:
    /projectName/viewName/folderName

The P4 column is from my messing around.
Thoughts?

Joe.

Legal Disclaimer:-

Please be aware that messages sent over
the Internet may not be secure and should
not be seen as forming a legally binding
contract unless otherwise stated.