ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: refid in property
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 20:27:44 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@bost.de]

>  VB> 1. Yes, Property should have a toString method. I should have
>  VB> thought about it. Anything that can be referenced should have a
>  VB> toString method.
>
> Don't think so. What would be a reasonable result for
> FileSet.toString? Or even the AntStructure.toString()?

I think there are perfectly valid String versions for these things:

- FileSet.toString() should return the white space separated list of files
like you would use in the <arg line="..."> of <exec>.

- Path.toString() should return the path in the correct format for the OS.

Actually, given a FileSet, fs, and a Path, p, one should be able to say:

 <exec>
   <env name="CLASSPATH" value="${p}" />
   <arg line="cat ${fs}" />
 </exec>

This should generate something that is reasonable.

About AntStructure, well souldn't it generate the DTD as the string?
It is just like trying to write the DTD into a StringBuffer.

Jose Alberto